Wednesday, November 16, 2011

issue 56 - Gregory: the really angry robot

Finally! The first appearance of Billy the Belligerent Bot! He's Gregory's cousin and seems to be a bit more angry and mean than Gregory himself. He's one of a few characters that I designed with a pencil and piece of paper. He was translated to MS Paint AFTER I drew him in real life. I don't know if that's why I like his design so much or if it's just him.... either way, he's a fun character that has a life of his own. Which, in case I haven't mentioned it previously, I feel that a character that takes on a life of it's own is the most likely to become iconic. If you create a character and it just leaps off the page seems to have a life of it's own, then you know you've done something good. It's equal to charisma in real life celebrities. That little something that makes you want to know more about them or watch them on screen. Well, Billy had that. In my opinion. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment